Tomato Toman Bento
- 100g of thawed Toman fish slices
- 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 50g of broccoli
- 10g of baby corn
- 1 tbsp of salted butter
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- 2 tbsp of broth (or water)
- 80g of tomato chunks
- 60g of cooked white rice
- 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of finely chopped spring onion
- Marinate thawed fish slices with light soy sauce and minced garlic for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook broccoli and baby corn in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften slightly.
- After 5 minutes, drain the water and allow the vegetables to cool. Then, chop them into smaller pieces.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to a bowl and add salted butter. Mix until all the vegetables are evenly coated with butter and set them aside.
- To a heated and oiled pan, add chopped shallot. Sauté until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add marinated fish slices to the pan. Pan-fry the fish slices for 2 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove the cooked fish slices from the pan and set them aside.
- Add tomato chunks to the pan and allow them to cook in the pan for 3-4 minutes on low heat, stirring once in a while.
- In a saucer, mix ketchup with broth until well-combined. Pour the sauce mix into the pan and allow it to bubble for 1 minute.
- After which, add the cooked fish slices to the sauce and fold gently. Allow the Tomato Toman to bubble for another minute.
- In a bowl, mix cooked white rice with sesame oil and sesame seeds until well-combined. Using a spoon, transfer the sesame rice to the center of a box and create an indent in the rice.
- Next, fill the indent with Tomato Toman and garnish with spring onion.
- Finally, fill the remaining area of the box with buttered vegetables.
- Cover the lunchbox and it’s ready to be enjoyed at school / work / wherever you’re going!
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.