Shredded Chicken Hor Fun
Serves 6 or more
- 1 Kampong Chicken
- 1 pc of Ginger(~ 2 inches)
- 2L Hot Water enough to immerse whole chicken (for blanching)
- Another 2L Hot Water enough to boil chicken into stock.
- Hor Fun (abt 120-150g per pax)
- Vegetable of liking (e.g. Chinese Spinach)
- 2 whole pieces of Solo Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Chicken stock concentrate or bouillon to taste (optional) or Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of Dark Premium Soya Sauce
- Cornstarch solution for thickening (1.5 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 3 tbsp tap water, thereabouts)
- Fresh ground White Pepper
- Fried Onions for garnishing
- Blanch my chicken first to rid it of impurities for a clear gravy.
- In the next 2L of Hot water, bring it to a brisk boil on high, then turn it down to a medium simmer for minimum of an hour, simmer longer for a richer flavour if you have the time.
- After its simmered, separate Chicken carefully and shred flesh.
- Put aside the soup, this will be made into gravy.
- Blanche and plate into serving bowl
- Blanche vegetables and add to noodles
- Add shredded chicken
- Add oil to a pan and fry up garlic till golden
- Add the soup and chicken stock / bouillon / salt to taste, make it a little saltier as is spooned over bland hor fun
- Bring to boil.
- Next add the cornstarch solution gradually till soup thickens, almost to a syrupy consistent.
- Pour gravy over prepped noodle bowls
- Add White Pepper & Fried Onions for garnish. Serve immediately
Enjoy up to 90% off retail prices on your groceries by group buying with us! Click the above button to join us today.